- In a bowl, combine the berries with 3 tbsp (45 ml) of the sugar and 2 tsp (10 ml) of the lemon juice. Keep at room temperature, stirring a few times, while preparing the pancake.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the milk with the remaining lemon juice (1 tsp / 5 ml).
- In a third bowl, beat the eggs and the remaining sugar (2 tbsp / 30 ml) with an electric mixer for about 10 minutes or until the mixture lightens and triples in volume.
- With a spatula, gently fold in the dry ingredients alternately with the milk mixture. Drizzle in the melted butter and stir the batter until just smooth.
- Over medium heat, heat a 23 cm (9-inch) cast iron skillet for about 3 minutes (see note). Generously butter the skillet. Pour in the batter. Remove immediately from the heat.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges of the pancake are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- To serve, unmould the pancake onto a plate and cut into wedges. Garnish with whipped cream and the stewed berries.
If you do not have a cast iron skillet, you can use a non-stick skillet, but count about 17 minutes of baking.