- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water. Let bloom for 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine 1/3 cup (70 g) of the sugar and the coffee, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat. Add the gelatin mixture and whisk until completely dissolved.
- Whisk in 1 cup (250 ml) of the cream. Pour into 8 cups.
- In a bowl, whip the remaining cream with the remaining sugar until soft peaks form.
- Drop a large dollop of whipped cream on the still liquid panna cotta.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.