- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat, brown the partridge halves on both sides in the butter. Set aside on a plate. Add the onion to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Deglaze with the wine. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the broth and toasted flour. Add the broth mixture to the onion mixture and stir. Return the partridges to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots and potatoes. Cover and bake for 2 hours, stirring several times during cooking.
- Remove from the oven and add the peas to heat through. Adjust the seasoning.
The partridge will take on a purplish tint depending on the type of wine selected. Choose one that is mild in tannins, such as a Côtes du Rhône.