Celery Root Purée
- In a saucepan over medium heat, soften the onion in 1 tbsp of the butter. Add the celery root and continue cooking for 1 minute. Add the milk and water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the celery root is tender. Drain.
- In a food processor, purée the celery root with the garlic and the remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, soften the onion in the butter. Add the brown sugar and apple and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until the brown sugar starts to caramelize. Deglaze with the cider vinegar. Add the ice cider and continue cooking for 1 minute. Add the broth and pepper and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce reduces by half. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, sear the salmon in the butter, flesh side down, for 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Turn the salmon onto the skin side and continue cooking for 4 minutes or until the desired doneness.
- Spoon the purée onto plates. Top with the salmon steaks and drizzle with the sauce. Sprinkle with the parsley.