- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a six-cup (1.5 litre) 10 x 4-inch (25 x 10 cm) loaf pan and line it with a sheet of parchment paper, letting it hang over both sides.
- In a bowl, combine the pecans, maple sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add the butter and mix with your fingertips until the dough is just moistened. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the bananas, maple syrup, butter and eggs. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. With a wooden spoon or a spatula, stir in the banana mixture until the batter is just moistened.
- Spread half the batter in the prepared pan. Sprinkle with half the crumble. Pour in the remaining batter and sprinkle with the remaining crumble.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack before removing from the pan. Cut into slices.