- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter two six-cup (1.5 litre) 10 x 4-inch (25 x 10 cm) loaf pans and line each with a sheet of parchment paper, letting it hang over both sides.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- With a sieve, drain the pineapple. Press the pineapple with a ladle to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Set the pineapple aside. Keep the juice for another use.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until the mixture doubles in volume and falls in ribbons from the beater, about 10 minutes. Stir in the butter.
- Add the mashed bananas and lime juice and stir until smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients, coconut and pineapple.
- Spread the batter in the pans. Bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the loaves comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and juice to a boil. Simmer for about 2 minutes or until the sugar has completely dissolved. Stir in the toasted coconut. Pour over the warm cake. Let soak in for 30 minutes.