- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the broth. Add the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sambal oelek and garlic. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet over high heat, brown the meat in the sesame oil, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Season with pepper.
- Add the broth mixture. Bring to a boil and let simmer over low heat for about 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Spoon the meat into the buns. Top with the salad, drained if needed. Serve the remaining salad as a side.
Toasted sesame oils can vary in flavour intensity. Adjust accordingly; you may only need 1 tbsp if yours is particularly fragrant.