- In a large pot over medium-high heat, bring the milk, rice, vanilla seeds and pod to a boil. Simmer over medium-low heat for 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the rice pudding. Let cool and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Spread onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring halfway through cooking. Let cool. Set aside.
Raspberry Pear Purée
- In a blender, purée the pears and raspberries until smooth. Strain.
- Stir the rice pudding to soften. Remove and discard the vanilla pod. Pour about ¼ cup (60 ml) of the fruit purée into four bowls and spoon the rice pudding overtop. Garnish with the granola and top with the fresh raspberries, if desired.