- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, melt the butter with the brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Simmer for 30 seconds or until the brown sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat. Add the flour and oats. Mix well with a wooden spoon for 1 minute.
- For each lace cookie, place 1 tbsp (15 ml) of dough onto the baking sheet and shape into a small disc, spreading it out with the back of a spoon or an offset spatula.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 8 to 9 minutes or until golden. Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
- The lace cookies will keep for 2 to 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
These lace cookies can be enjoyed as is or you can use them to make ice cream sandwiches, or top them with fruit and yogurt for a healthier dessert.