- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and yeast. Add the water. Mix with a fork until moistened but not completely smooth. Stir in the cheese and bacon. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 8 to 12 hours at room temperature.
- Butter a 4 x 10-inch (10 x 25 cm), 6-cup (1.5 litre) loaf pan. Line with parchment paper, letting it hang over all four sides.
- In the bowl, punch down the dough, folding it onto itself about 6 times or until the cheese and bacon are evenly distributed.
- Place the dough in the pan. Cover with lightly oiled plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour at room temperature or until the dough has risen above the edge of the pan.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Bake for 1 hour. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Unmould and let cool completely.