- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Butter a 6-inch (15 cm) springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Dust with cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl, combine the nuts, dried fruit, flour, cocoa powder and spices.
- In a saucepan, bring the honey, sugar, liqueur and lemon zest to a boil. Boil for 15 seconds. Pour over the dry ingredients and combine. Stir in the melted chocolate. Transfer to the pan and smooth the surface with a spoon.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the centre is slightly firm and the edges lightly caramelized. Let cool completely.
- Run the blade of a knife between the cake and the pan. Unmould. The panforte will keep for 3 weeks in an airtight container at room temperature.