- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- On the prepared sheet, toss the vegetables with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a pot of salted boiling water, cook the barley for 35 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the cooked barley in the oil for 2 minutes. Add the dates and garam masala. Continue cooking for 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the barley in bowls with the roasted vegetables. Top with the yogurt, apple, pecans and basil. Serve with lemon wedges.