- In a saucepan, bring the pomegranate juice and beet cubes to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the beets are very tender.
- In a blender, purée the beets and juice with the sugar and lemon juice. Transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the purée and refrigerate for 4 hours or until completely chilled.
- Pour the chilled purée into an ice cream maker and churn for 20 minutes, until thickened, or follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. If desired, let the sorbet soften for a few minutes at room temperature before serving.
- Delicious served with Coconut Oat Crunch (see recipe).