- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Split the pitas in half to obtain 4 discs. Using a round 2-inch (5 cm) cookie cutter, cut out smaller discs from the bread. Keep the trimmings for another use. Place the discs on the prepared sheet. Drizzle with the oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 6 minutes or until they begin to brown. Let cool, then garnish with your choice of toppings below.
Blue Cheese, Pear and Walnut Topping
- Place the blue cheese and cream in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth. Spread the mixture onto the pita crisps. Top with the pear and walnuts.
Fig and Prosciutto Topping
- In a bowl, gently toss the figs with the honey and oil. Spoon the mascarpone onto the pita crisps. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Gently fold the prosciutto and place onto the cheese. Top with the figs and arugula.
Deluxe Mini Pizza Topping
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the pitas on the prepared sheet. In a small bowl, combine the tomato paste, oil, vinegar, oregano and garlic. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Spread the sauce onto the pitas. Garnish with the toppings. Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.