- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, toss the sweet potatoes with 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot, combine the broth, cream, cornstarch and garlic. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the arugula, if using, and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large skillet over high heat, brown the pork chops in the remaining oil for 5 minutes on each side or until the desired doneness.
- Divide the sweet potatoes and pork chops among four plates. Drizzle the pork chops with the sauce and garnish with the dates and cheese. Sprinkle with the chives.