- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Press the crust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch (23 cm) glass pie dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch and lime juice. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth. Pour into the cooled pie crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the sides of the lime filling are set, but the centre still jiggles slightly.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pie. Let cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until the filling has completely set and chilled.
- In a bowl, beat the cream and sugar with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Garnish the pie with lime zest and rosettes of whipped cream.
Remove the zest from the key limes or regular limes before pressing them for juice.