- In a blender, purée the green onions, chilies, garlic, vinegar, maple syrup, rum, soy sauce, and spices.
- Place the chicken and mushrooms in a glass baking dish or sealable bag. Add the marinade and toss to coat. Cover the dish or close the bag. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to high. Oil the grate.
- Drain the chicken and mushrooms, reserving the marinade. Lightly salt the chicken and mushrooms.
- Grill the chicken and mushrooms for 5 minutes. Brush lightly with the reserved marinade and discard any leftovers. Continue grilling for 5 more minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Delicious with a green salad or in a sandwich.