- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large baking dish, combine the cherry tomatoes (whole), halved tomatoes, chorizo, onion, oil and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Place the halved tomatoes cut side down.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender. Remove the skin from the halved tomatoes, if desired.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain.
- Add the pasta to the confit tomatoes in the baking dish. Stir well to coat the pasta. Adjust the seasoning.
This is a great way to use up any shrivelled cherry tomatoes. This recipe brings out their flavour and cuts down on waste. When tomatoes are not in season and less flavourful, add 2 tbsp (30 ml) tomato paste.
Choose a fresh chorizo that has large pieces of meat visible throughout the interior of the sausage; it will work better here than a dried chorizo. Or you can substitute fresh chorizo with crumbled merguez sausage.