- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, using a wooden spoon, combine the butter, peanut butter, corn syrup, vanilla and egg. Add the dry ingredients, then the chocolate chips. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Using a 3-tbsp (45 ml) ice cream scoop, form the mixture into balls and arrange on the baking sheets, evenly spacing them out. Lightly press each ball with the back of a spoon to flatten into a small disc.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 10 to 12 minutes or just until the cookies are golden. Let cool on a wire rack.
Use regular peanut butter for this recipe. The oil separation that occurs in natural peanut butter could affect the texture of the cookies.
If baking your cookies from frozen, add 4 to 5 minutes to the cooking time, or bake until the cookies are nicely browned.