- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, using a wooden spoon, combine the butter, peanut butter, corn syrup, vanilla and egg. Add the dry ingredients, then the chocolate chips. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Using a 3-tbsp (45 ml) ice cream scoop, form the mixture into balls and arrange on the baking sheets, evenly spacing them out. Lightly press each ball with the back of a spoon to flatten into a small disc.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 10 to 12 minutes or just until the cookies are golden. Let cool on a wire rack.