- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Butter a 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) rectangular baking dish and line with a strip of parchment paper, letting in hang over two sides.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, toast the pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds, stirring constantly, about 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside in a large bowl.
- In the same skillet, lightly toast the oats, stirring constantly, about 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside with the seeds and let cool.
- In a food processor, purée the apricots until almost smooth. Add the boiling water and pulse for a few seconds. Add the brown sugar, oil, cinnamon and salt. Add the apricot purée and puffed quinoa to the bowl of seeds and oats. Stir in the chocolate. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and smooth out the surface by covering it with parchment paper and pressing down with a rolling pin or another flat object. Remove the parchment paper covering the surface.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Let cool completely. Cut into 16 bars. The granola bars will keep for 3 weeks in an airtight container at room temperature.