- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 190 ° C (375 ° F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a work surface, cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Place on the sheet, cut side down, and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the squash is tender with the tip of a knife. Let cool.
- Place in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir gently. Keep warm.
- In a skillet over medium heat, soften the shallots and garlic in 30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil. Deglaze with the wine and reduce until nearly evaporated. Add the tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the basil. Adjust the seasoning. Keep warm.
- In a non-stick skillet over high heat, sear the fish in the remaining oil for 2 to 3 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the parsley and Parmigiano-Reggiano to the squash. Stir to combine. Adjust the seasoning.
- To serve, form a nest of squash on each plate, drizzle with a little sauce and top with the swordfish.