Smoked paprika oil
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, slowly heat the oil until warm but not burning hot. Add the paprika, stir and remove from the heat. Set aside.
- With the rack in the highest position, preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the peppers on the sheet, skin side up. Brush lightly with oil and broil until the skins blacken, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the peppers to an airtight container. Let cool. Remove the skin and dice the flesh.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, soften the onion in the oil. Add the broth, peppers and potatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- In a blender, purée the soup until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish each serving with a drizzle of smoked paprika oil.