- Preheat the oven to 230 °C (450 °F). Roll out the dough into two 30 x 23-cm (12 x 9-inch) rectangles.
- Cut each rectangle into three 7.5-cm (3-inch) wide strips. Place a strip of dough on a work surface. Lightly brush with jam. Cover with a second pastry strip, brush with jam and cover again. Finish with the jam. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Cut the chilled pastry into 1-cm (1/2-inch) wide slices. On two baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place the puffs sideways, leaving 6-cm (2.5-inch) of space between each puff.
- Place a baking sheet in the oven and the second in the refrigerator while the first batch is baking (the pastry must be cold to properly rise when baked).
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 12 minutes.
- Lightly sprinkle with sugar right out of the oven. Delicious with coffee or ice cream.
12 minutes per batch.