- Preheat the oven to 230 °C (450 °F). Roll out the dough into two 30 x 23-cm (12 x 9-inch) rectangles.
- Cut each rectangle into three 7.5-cm (3-inch) wide strips. Place a strip of dough on a work surface. Lightly brush with the tomato mixture (tomato paste, garlic, oil, sugar and cayenne pepper, blended). Cover with a second strip of dough, then tomato and dough again. Finish with the tomato mixture. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Cut the chilled pastry into 1-cm (1/2-inch) wide slices.
- On two baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place the pastries on their side, keeping them 6-cm (2.5-inch) apart.
- Place one sheet in the oven and the second in the refrigerator while the first bakes (the pastry must be cold to properly rise).
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle lightly with fleur de sel or sea salt right out of the oven. Serve as a hors d’oeuvre.
12 minutes per batch