CHOCOLATE COATING (OPTIONAL)
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 150 °C (300 °F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar and vanilla. Whip for 7 minutes. Gently fold in the almonds.
- With a spoon, scoop the dough on the baking sheet, 15 ml (1 tablespoon) per cookie, leaving 5-cm (2-inch) between each.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from the sheet.
- If desired, dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate. Let rest on a sheet for several hours to allow the chocolate to set.
Keep the cookies in an airtight container and make sure you eat them as soon as possible.
Well packaged, the cookie dough will keep for at least one week in the refrigerator. You can bake a few cookies at a time.