- Prepare the cake according to the directions and bake in a 13 x 9-inch loaf pan. Allow to cool completely and cut horizontally to form two layers.
- Whip the cream with 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sugar. Cover the first cake layer with half the whipped cream.
- In a small saucepan, combine 125 ml (1/2 cup) of sugar, the cornstarch and water. Cook on low heat until the mixture is fairly thick.
- Add the raspberries and allow to cool completely. Pour the raspberry mixture directly over the whipped cream.
- Add the second layer of cake and top with remaining whipped cream. Garnish with raspberries.