- With the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Chop the herbs with one clove of garlic.
- In a bowl, combine the herbs, chopped garlic, lemon juice and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- With your fingers, gently loosen the skin from the breast and thighs of the bird without tearing it. Stuff with the herb butter, spreading the mixture evenly under the skin.
- mixture evenly under the skin. 4. 5. In the cavity of the bird, place half the onions and two cloves of garlic. With butcher's twine, tie the legs of the bird back to its shape. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a baking dish, place the remaining onions and the last two cloves of garlic. Add the thyme sprig, wine and broth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the guinea fowl in the baking dish on top of the vegetables. Insert a meat thermometer into the thigh without touching the bone. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 180 ˚C (350 ˚F) and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the thermometer reads 82 ˚C (180 ˚F).
- At service, drizzle the meat with the cooking juices.