- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Open the ice cream cardboard packaging.
- Cut four 2-cm (3/4-inch) thick slices. Trim the slices to get 12.5 x 5-cm (5 x 2-inch) ice cream bars. Keep the remaining ice cream for another use. Place on baking sheet and freeze.
- Meanwhile, toast the almonds. Cool to room temperature.
- In a saucepan, slowly melt the chocolate, butter and cream. Cool.
- Coat the bars with almonds. Freeze again for about 30 minutes. With your hands, quickly dip the bars into the chocolate mixture. Insert the sticks, if desired. Freeze until the chocolate is firm, about 2 to 3 hours.