- In a skillet, heat the butter and oil. Over high heat, brown the veal medallions on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, soften the shallots over medium heat. Deglaze with the white wine. Add the maple syrup and cook for about 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, cream and mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Add the pears and veal medallions. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer gently until the veal is to the desired doneness.
- Serve with Mashed Potatoes with Sweet Potatoes.
Nothing simpler than to prepare Mashed Potatoes with Sweet Potatoes. Add a small peeled and cut sweet potato to potatoes during cooking in boiling water. When the vegetables are very tender, drain, let dry and puree with a potato masher. Add a little hot milk and butter. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.