- In a bowl, cream the butter, sugar and honey. Whisk in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. With a wooden spoon, add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Form into a ball, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Roll one of them out to form a 20-cm (8-inch) square. Lay the square of dough on the baking sheet.
- With a big Christmas cookie cutter (Santa Claus, Christmas tree, sleigh, angel, etc…), Cut the dough in the centre of the square. Leave all the dough in place. With a knife, cut puzzle pieces around the shaped cookie, leaving them on the sheet. Then carefully separate the pieces from each other leaving a 1-cm (1/2-inch) space to prevent them from touching while baking. Lightly brush with milk. Decorate with sprinkles and sugar crystals.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 7 minutes. Repeat with the other three pieces of dough. Cool. Present the puzzle pieces in a small box.