- In a saucepan, bring the syrup and spices to a boil. Simmer gently for 10 minutes. Remove the spices and set the saucepan aside.
- Preheat the oil in a deep fryer, setting the temperature to high. Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Preheat the oven to 100°C (200°F) to keep the fritters warm.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Add the milk, whisking until the batter is smooth. In another bowl, place the rice cereal.
- Preheat the oil, setting the deep fryer to high. Lay paper towels on a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 100°C (200°F) to keep the fritters warm.
- Coat the bananas in the batter. Drain to remove any excess and roll them in the rice cereal, covering them well.
- Fry 4 fritters at a time, turning them at the halfway point, until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Watch out for splattering. Transfer the fritters to the baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while preparing the remaining fritters.
- Serve hot, drizzled with the spiced syrup.