- In a food processor, combine the flour, salt, and sugar. Pulse for a few seconds. Add the butter and pulse for a few seconds at a time, until the mixture is crumbly. Add the vinegar and ice water. Pulse again, a few seconds at a time, adding a little water if necessary, until the dough just begins to form a ball. Remove the dough from the food processor. Form into a ball with your hands. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into a 2-mm (1/8-inch) thick sheet. With a 9-cm (3 1/2-inch) cookie cutter, cut 20 circles and line twenty 7.5 x 2-cm (3 x 7/8-inch) aluminum tart pans, bringing the dough up the edges. Place the tarts on a baking sheet and chill again for 30 minutes.
- With the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- In a bowl, beat the egg and flour until smooth. Add the cream and maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Pour 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of the filling into each tartlet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the tartlets are golden brown. Let cool.
You do not have a three-tier platform to display your desserts and sweets? Make one! Just stack two upside-down cups and slide two large plates between each, and one small as the top tier.
In a hurry? Bake these tartlets with ready-made dough. You'll find them in the frozen section of your supermarkets. You only have to pour in the filling and bake. However, you may need to increase the cooking time.