- Bring about 1-inch (2.5-cm) of water to a boil in a large pot and season with salt, adding about 10 ml (2 teaspoons) of sea salt per 250 ml (1 cup) of water.
- Remove the rubber bands from each lobster with scissors or a knife. Place the lobsters on top of each other in the pot. Cover. Steam for about 12 minutes for 454 g (1 lb) of each lobster from the time the water starts to boil again. For every 125 g (1/4 lb) extra, add 1 minute of cooking.
- While steaming the lobsters, prepare the herb butter.
- In a skillet, sauté the shallots and garlic in the butter. Add the broth, lemon juice and fish sauce. Reduce until almost dry. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the diced butter, a few pieces at a time. Add the herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the cooked lobster in half. Place the lobster halves on serving plates and drizzle with the herb butter. Pour the remaining butter in a bowl and let everyone use as needed.