- Place the salmon fillet, skin side down on a plate. Cover with the whiskey.
- Season the fish with salt, a bit more than usual. Sprinkle with the same amount of sugar. Season with pepper and scatter the herbs on the fish.
- Lightly press the herbs onto the flesh of the fish and turn over. Cover with plastic wrap. Marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolk with the mustard. Add the oil in a thin stream while whisking vigorously.
- Add the whiskey, honey and chives. Whisk vigorously again. Season with pepper and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, slice the salmon as thinly as possible. Drizzle with the mayonnaise.