- On a plate, dry the lemon peel in the microwave oven for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the cooled lemon zest with the remaining ingredients.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium. Oil the grate.
- Coat the scallops with the dry rub. Thread the scallops onto the skewers, alternating with the chorizo slices. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Grill the skewers for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until the desired doneness. Serve as a hors d’oeuvre or as a main dish on couscous and a green salad.