- In a saucepan, cook the honey until it begins to caramelize. Deglaze with the soy sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce is syrupy. Set aside.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown the onions in 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes or until the onions are tender. Set aside on a warm plate.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, brown the eggplant slices on each side in the remaining oil, until tender. Add oil, if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, brown the garlic in the sesame oil. Place the garlic chips on a sheet of paper towel and keep the oil in the pan.
- In the same saucepan, gently sauté the escargots for about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the eggplant slices, onions, and escargots among four plates. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and garlic chips. Drizzle with the soy caramel reduction.