- In a saucepan, brown the ham and shallots in the oil. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Deglaze with the vinegar and mustard. Add the broth and lentils. Bring to a boil and simmer gently for 45 to 50 minutes or until the lentils are tender and have absorbed the liquid. Add the tomato and chives. Adjust the seasoning. Keep warm.
- In non-stick skillet, brown the salmon on each side in the butter and oil until the desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper. Deglaze with the balsamic vinegar and remove the salmon from the pan. Cook the balsamic until thick and syrupy.
- Put the salmon back in the skillet and coat thoroughly with the glaze.
- Serve the salmon over the lentils and drizzle with the balsamic reduction.
- Serve with green vegetables.