- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Peel the grapefruit and remove the supremes. Reserve the juice. Slice the peel of 1 grapefruit into thin strips. Cover the grapefruit strips with 1 litre (4 cups) of cold water. Bring to boil and drain. Repeat and drain again.
- In the same saucepan, combine the grapefruit strips and juice with the sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the grapefruit strips from the syrup and set aside in a bowl.
- Off the heat, dip the grapefruit segments in the hot syrup. Set aside. In a saucepan, bring the honey to boil. Add the fruit (except for the grapefruit), almonds and spices. Toss to coat. Transfer to a cooking tagine, if desired. Cover and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until the pears are soft but still retain their shape.
- Serve the warm fruits accompanied by pieces of grapefruit strips and drained grapefruit segments. Keep the syrup for a fruit salad.