- With the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Butter and flour a 20-cm (8-inch) kugelhopf pan (see note) or a 18-cm (7-inch) panettone pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast, milk and 125 ml (1/2 cup) of flour.
- Let stand in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to blend until the mixture is smooth. Knead for 3 to 4 minutes. The dough will be soft, smooth and slightly sticky. Spread evenly into the pan. Lightly dust the top of the dough with flour and cover with a dry cloth. Let rise for 1 hour and 20 minutes in a warm place.
- Bake for 30 à 35 minutes. Unmould right out of the oven.
A kougelhopf pan is tube pan with a fluted bottom with a slimmer tube that a regular tube pan.
Pannetone freezes well.