- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Butter two 20 x 10-cm (8 x 4-inch) loaf pans.
- In a bowl, combine the candied fruit and orange liqueur.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, cream the butter, sugar and cream cheese with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, milk, vanilla and beat until smooth. With a wooden spoon, stir in the liqueur with the fruit, nuts and flour.
- Divide the batter between the pans. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before unmoulding. These cakes freeze well.
- In a bowl, whip all the frosting ingredients. Spread on the cooled cakes.