- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 F).
- In a bowl, combine the fruit and sugar. Divide among six 125 ml (1/2 cup) ramekins. Place on a baking sheet.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the scones dough to about 2-cm (3/4 inch) thick.
- With a round cookie cutter, the same size as the ramekins, cut out 6 discs in the dough.
- Place a disc of dough on each ramekin. Brush with cream and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until the puddings are golden brown. Serve hot or cold. Delicious with vanilla ice cream.
If you prepare this recipe with frozen fruit, add 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of cornstarch to the sugar before mixing it with the fruit. The starch will help thicken the large amount of liquid seeping out of the fruit.
if you prefer to prepare this recipe in a 20-cm (8-inch) round or square pan, simply double the amount of fruit and sugar. Use the same amount of dough and bake for about 1 hour.