- In a bowl, combine the oil, mint, celery salt, pepper, honey, vinegar and garlic. Add the veal shank and let stand for 2 to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Place the shank in a baking dish with the broth. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes, basting with the pan juices several times.
- Remove the foil and add the water. Continue cooking for about 1 hour, basting with the pan juices from time to time.
- Slice the meat and drizzle with the cooking juices. Serve with asparagus.
A good way to marinate food in a small amount of marinade: Place all marinade ingredients and the meat in a recycled plastic bag (eg: bag of bread). Seal the bag, place in a dish and refrigerate. Rub the marinade over the meat and turn the bag occasionally. When the marinating is done, you can simply throw the bag away.