- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, spices and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and oil. Add the egg and beat until smooth. With a wooden spoon, stir in the dry ingredients and banana.
- With a ¼-cup (60 ml) ice cream scoop, spoon out six balls of batter on each baking sheet, evenly spacing them out. Sprinkle with the sunflower seeds.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 13 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.