Candied Clementine (microwave oven)
- In a pie plate, combine the water, sugar, and syrup. Cook for 3 minutes in the microwave oven on high to dissolve the sugar. Add the clementine slices and cook for 12 minutes. Let cool. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a bowl, combine the cookie crumbs with the butter. Press into six muffin cups, 2.5-cm (1-inch) up the walls, with about 45 ml (3 tablespoons) of crumb mixture each. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, heat the clementine juice and cream. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the chocolate and stir until smooth. Pour the ganache into the cookie crust, about 45 ml (3 tablespoons) each. Refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Just before serving, gently unmould the tartlets, using the tip of a knife. Place a slice of drained candied clementine at the centre of each tartlet.
Using a good bread knife to slice the clementines makes the job easier. For easy tart unmoulding, use silicone moulds.