- In a bowl, rehydrate the mushrooms in the boiling water for about 20 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, brown the meat, mushrooms and the whites of the onions with the pepper and garlic in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the broth, fish sauce and soy sauce and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
- Add the peas and bring back to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, for about 2 minutes. Add the bok choy and bean sprouts and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat.
- Break four eggs, one at a time, in a saucer and slide them individually into the simmering soup. Loosely cover and simmer gently for 3 to 5 minutes or until the egg white is cooked.
- Ladle the soup and eggs in four warm bowls. Sprinkle with cilantro and the green of the onions.