- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Place the salmon on a baking sheet. Add the wine and broth. Add the dill sprigs, salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake for about 25 minutes. Remove the salmon from the sheet, let cool, then refrigerate. Strain the broth and refrigerate.
- In a bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over 60 ml (1/4 cup) of cold broth. Let bloom for 1 minute. Melt in the microwave oven or over a bowl of boiling water. Stir the gelatin into the remaining broth. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes, without letting it set up.
- With a brush, glaze the salmon with the jelly. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, blanch the slices of cucumber in boiling water for about 1 minute. Cool under cold water and pat dry. Arrange cucumber slices on the salmon, overlapping, to mimic scales on a fish. With a brush, cover the salmon generously with jelly. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Repeat until the desired sheen is achieved.
- Garnish with lime and dill. Serve cold with grated lime zest and lime juice flavoured mayonnaise.
To serve this dish at a buffet, count about 100 grams (3.5 oz) of salmon per person.