- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise and pesto. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven’s broiler.
- In a skillet, brown the mushrooms in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Toast the bread slices on a baking sheet in the oven or toaster.
- For each club sandwich, generously spread pesto mayonnaise onto three slices of bread. Top a slice of bread with a slice of tomato, a lettuce leaf and two slices of bacon. Cover with a second slice of bread and top with a quarter of the chicken and mushrooms and a slice of cheese. Close the sandwich with a third slice of bread, mayonnaise side down.
- Layer the sandwiches and secure with the wooden skewers. Prick an olive on the skewer and serve straight up.