- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- On the bottom of a 25-cm (10-inch) quiche plate, combine the bread with the butter. Press lightly. Set aside.
- In a skillet, brown the bacon. Cool the slices on paper towel and crush on the bread.
- In the same skillet, brown the onion in the hot fat. Add the tomatoes and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Spread on bread.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, cream, cheese, and herbs with a whisk. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the tomatoes. Bake for about 40 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.