- Take a large plastic bag. Fill it with ice. Add the salt and slides it into the second large bag as a double protection. Set aside.
- Place a small plastic bag on a measuring cup to help hold it in place. Pour in the cream, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. Remove as much air as possible from the bag and close it tightly. Double it with a second bag.
- Slide in the large bag with the ice and close it well.
- And now shake! You must shake vigorously for about 5 minutes and you will gradually see the liquid solidifying. Put mittens on if your hands are freezing.
- After 5 minutes, open the large bag, take out the small bag and throw in the sink to drain the mixture of ice and coarse salt. Take your bag and fold the edge out: there might be a little coarse salt and you would not want to mix it in your ice cream when spooning it out. Eat the ice cream in a cup that you have previously placed in the freezer or freeze the ice cream for at least 1 hour to firm it up and make an ice cream sandwich with your favorite cookies.