- Completely submerge the maple plank in water, letting it soak for 1 to 4 hours.
- On a plate, brush the salmon with the honey. Sprinkle with the fennel and pepper. Season with salt. Cover and refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium. Place the plank on the grill and heat for about 10 minutes. Place the salmon steaks on the plank, skin side down. Close the lid and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the desired doneness.
- Drizzle the salmon with the dressing and garnish with parsley.